Sunday, September 21, 2014

I love to see the temple.

Today I have a lot to smile about. But right now I am especially grateful for temples as I have learned and pondered about them.



Growing up, many of us sang the comforting words to the primary song "I Love to See the Temple". As I have gotten older, these words have become even more comforting and even more exciting.

"I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday.
To feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray.
For the temple is a House of God, a place of love and beauty.
I'll prepare myself while I am young, this is my scared duty.

I love to see the temple, I'll go inside someday
To covenant with my Father, I'll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place where we are sealed together
As a child of God I've learned this truth, a family is forever."

Those words are so true. I LOVE to see the temple. It is the best place for me to go to receive peace and comfort. I can go there when I am confused for searching for something. I can go and feel the love that my Heavenly Father and Savior have for me.
As I have graduated high school and life has started to hit me, along with all of the new and exciting changes and challenges it brings, I have turned to the temple more than ever before. And I inevitably contemplate when the time will come that I'll go inside someday. I have started to feel almost a sense of urgency to make sure I am staying close to the spirit, and I know that doing so will prepare me for that day... and for the rest of my life.

 
The Salt Lake Temple has always had a special place in my heart. As a dear friend and I walked around the outside of it the other day, I realized how truly amazing it is. In that instance of feeling a spirit of peace and looking up in awe as I stood on the temple grounds with my friend, my testimony was strengthened. My desire to go inside someday was unlike anything I have ever felt before. And my desire to make sure that I am doing all that I can right now to prepare was... overwhelming, and enveloping.
My friend and I talked about the detail of such an amazing structure. I wondered how in the world the Pioneers were able to do what they did so long ago. The thought came to my mind that they didn't come up with it or do it all on their own, someone made it possible for them. I liken that to my own life. I can't do anything on my own, but with my Heavenly Father's help, I can do what He wants me to. He has a plan for me and if I am doing my part and staying close to the spirit, He will make the way for me to accomplish His will.


 
 I love to see the temple. I'm going there someday.
 
I am so grateful for the opportunity we have to have so many temples around us. I am grateful for the love and peace that I feel when I attend the temple. Going there and feeling of the spirit that is there is something I know I need in my life.
 
 
“I think there is no place in the world where I feel closer to the Lord than in one of His holy temples.”
                                                                                         —President Thomas S. Monson
 The blessings of the temple are endless. Aren't we lucky to have them on the earth?


I think we are pretty lucky, and I think that is definitely something to smile about :)
 

I also feel lucky to be able to pictures of such an amazing and beautiful House of the Lord.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I hope something can make you smile today so you can share it with someone else!

Keep smiling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment